Monday, September 12, 2016

Spooktacular Halloween Items

There are so many fun things to make for Halloween. As adults we get to decorate the house, buy the treats, dress up to answer the door and send cards to our friends and shut ins. It's time to find hilarious cards with lots of surprises. That's what I'm doing this month. Trying to make some of the most outrageous cards with a pop to them.

This list will continue to grow as I make new ones. My collection can be found at http://www.craftsuprint.com/judith-henry/ and then search for Halloween.

Halloween Monster T-Slider Card

This will be my last Halloween card this month. I now have the three made for Great grandma and one for me. I like the green Frankenstein monster. With the modified shutter on the T-slider he pops out towards you as the slide is pulled. 












This is another verse from the Perpetual Preschool website category Halloween. I saw the verse and got the card idea. But the slider mechanism can be used with other elements. I used Halloween Witch on a Broom below and the template to create another card.

Halloween Tonight

 Halloween TonightThis is a 4.25" x 5.5" card. the style resembles a flip phone with a small card verse inside. I selected a verse from the Perpetual Preschool website category Halloween. They have verses written to favorite children songs. I thought the kids might like that.

There are seven layers to this card. The small pieces are cut out of each layer so the color underneath shows through. I just hate fussy piecing. I love Halloween colors. It cuts nicely out of cardstock.

Halloween Scare Up Fun

Great Grandma asked me to design 3 cards for her great grand daughters. I've made two this season and now a 3rd. This topper is 5.25 square. There are some small pieces but most of them, such as the windows are created with a frame piece and color piece behind it showing through the small openings. 

Now I have a problem. I would like to send the same little girls a card from me. That means I'm half way there. Better get back to the drawing board.

http://www.craftsuprint.com/cutting-files/halloween/toppers/halloween-scare-up-fun.cfm

Halloween Spider Slider Card 

I've made other slider cards but this one took some time to figure out. I wanted the spider to drop down from the web when the slider was pulled. The whole theme is just perfect. Flying bats and a ghost pop up while the spider drops down. It's new today and I think it's brilliant.

I even got out some heat embossing ink and powder to add shine to the spiders. It gave them an extra shine and dimension. The next time I make this one I'll look into adding some dimensional foam so the words on the card pop.

Added this very short video so you could see how it pops up.



Halloween Witch on a Broom

HAPPY HALLOWEEN - Let's see what you can craft from this little red headed witch. Will she show up on a popup or a swing card? The cutting file come in various formats including a PDF version for those wishing to print and cut or for machines with tracing capabilities.






Halloween Witches Popup Card

Please come in for a bite to eat. Just some fun for Halloween! Featuring floating bubbles, a witch in the pot and two friendly ghosts. This card is made from a combination of card stock and colored copy paper. Easy to make following my popup tutorial.

The ones below are from last year. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you are thinking. Or leave a suggestion of a design you are looking for.

Follow by Email

What's with the name?

In 2012 I became a grandma. My daughter asked me what I wanted my granddaughter to call me. I never thought about this. I guess to keep things straight she could call me Grandma Henry. This might confuse her since she has a great grandma. I told my daughter that Gwen would name me. She did, I'm sure with the help of her mommy. I became Gammy and as she got older the "R" was added. Grammy, Grammy, Grammy.

When I retired I began making more cards. Many of them were with her in mind. My specialty is the popup form of cards. That has led me into a lot of research with the hopes of creating a popup book for my grand "children". This includes my nieces children.