This card is a 4 folded circle card that fits into a 5.5 square inch envelope. The circular flaps nest over each other to hold perhaps a gift inside. This was a challenging card to design but well worth the trouble.
I created my own border using the Adobe Illustrator pattern paintbrush. Once you figure out how to do this and get all the parameters correct for repeats with spaces and corner patterns, it is easy to use with any object.
- Create the object and duplicate it for later.
- Apply the pattern paintbrush .
- Once it is the size you want, use the object/path/outline menu item to convert the pattern to individual objects.
- Use the object/path/offset menu to create outline objects of the boarder pieces and immediately merge them.
- Push this object to the back and select this object and the boarder objects.
- Now either create a compound object or use the exclude pathfinder to create the reverse border.
- Take the duplicate object from step 1, align with the boarder and merge.
Now for the Fancy Nested Circular Fold Card which cutting files are for sale at CraftsUPrint.com/judith-henry.:
There are five basic pattern pieces to create. Once the base design is created the others are derivatives off this pattern. It was created by using 4 semicircles and a square. I had to experiment with several designs until I came up with a pattern and border combination that would nest correctly. I'm sure there are templates you can find that will do this for you but the challenge was to get one that allowed a border on the circle.
Using contrasting paper pops the borders in this card. The main pieces should be cut with cardstock. I chose a solid core blue for the base and pearl floral coverstock from the Paper Studio called Blanc Boutique for the border pieces. The inside paper is a floral print.
The pattern has dotted lines for score marks. I used the silhouettes advance cutting settings to cut at a low thickness to lightly identify where I needed to score the base.
After scoring, fold and nest each tab and pressing the fold.
Both center pieces are attached to the inside and outside of the base.
The circle base should fold around the inside piece. When folded the outside base piece should show the lacy edging.
The last piece are the optional inside flaps and the outside fancy lace flaps.